Home smoking has been named one of the key food trends of 2016, and retailers have seen a massive surge in the sale of smokers over the last few years. If you’re a fan of BBQ and the beautiful flavor and aroma of smoked food, then a smoker is virtually a backyard ‘must have’! The biggest name in ‘home smokers’ is without a doubt, Masterbuilt. This company has been around now since the early 1970’s and it is synonymous with high quality grills, smokers and turkey fryers. They first introduced a smoker to the market in 2005, and since then they’ve released a number of different popular models. In this review though we’re going to discuss their current most popular product, the Masterbuilt 20070910 30-Inch Electric Smokehouse Smoker.
- Masterbuilt 20071117 Owners Manual
- Masterbuilt 20071117 Digital Electric Smoker
- Masterbuilt 20071117 Manual
- Masterbuilt 20071117 Parts
- Masterbuilt 20071117 Digital Electric Smok…
If you would, please provide us with your smoker's model number serial number and your shipping address. If the control panel is in stock, I can process an order for a replacement to ship to you. Masterbuilt MES 130B Digital Electric Smoker at Lowe's. Whether you’re a beginner or a competition-ready pro, craft your backyard masterpiece without the hassle of propane. The MES 130B maintains the. The Masterbuilt 40' Electric Smoker with Bluetooth offers 1,200 watt heating, integrated Bluetooth technology and a side wood chip loading system. The smoker's built-in thermometer ensures that steaks, burgers and other grilled meats are perfectly cooked, every time. Masterbuilt makes professional-grade smokers, fryers, cookers, grills and more. For the backyard griller or on-the-go meat master. Perfectly cook chicken, ribs, poultry and veggies. If you are looking for a quality electric smoker with reliable automatic cooking functions but can’t afford to buy the expensive brand then you are on right place to explore one of the best appliances in this category “Masterbuilt 20071117 30″ Digital Electric Smoker”. This electric smoker is originated from a trusted source.
Masterbuilt 30 Electric Smoker Features
Easy to use digital controls – 24 hour digital timer and automatic shut off. The unit is thermostatically controlled with temperatures from 100 to 275 degrees celsius. The temperature remains consistent to ensure the food is cooked thoroughly and evenly. The automatic shut off means you can leave your smoker to work and it won’t overcook your food or leave it tough and dry. The walls are insulated for more energy efficient cooking and is suitable for use in all weathers.
Spacious interior – there is 730 square inches of cooking space on 4 racks inside the electric smoker. There is room for food for all the family, and even enough for those special occasions when you want to entertain.
Side wood chip loader – you never have to open the door of the smoker (which would result in lost heat and drop in temperature). Just add your wood chips to the side loader and slide it into the smoker.
Removable water pan – if you want to further improve the taste of your food just add vinegar, juice or another beverage to the water pan to add extra flavor and moisture. The pan is removable for easy cleaning.
Adjustable air damper –you can use this to increase or decrease the smoke levels inside to suit your taste. If you enjoy an intense smokey flavor leave the air damper closed.
How does the Masterbuilt 20070910 Electric Smokehouse work?
Before the first use you must preseason the smoker. To do this just turn it on at full heat with the water pan in place but NO water. Keep the unit on for 3 hours but in the last 45 minutes add a cup of wood chips to the chip loader. After the 3 hours is up just switch it off and allow to cool, and that’s your electric meat smoker ready to use!
Step 2: Normal usage
The Masterbuilt 20070910 manual that comes with your electric smoker has a a few recipes to get you started – these will list the instructions and the temperature and length of time to cook each meat. Before use load the wood chip loader with 1 cup of wood chips. Preheat the smoker for 30-45 minutes at maximum temperature. Then all you need to do is load the smoker with your prepared meat and leave to cook for the recommended time (you will need to top up with wood chips about once every hour). For even cooking don’t overload the Masterbuilt 20070910 smoker with food as the heat needs to circulate between food and around the sides.
Who is this for suitable for?
Whether you’re a home smoking expert or new to the world of smoked foods this smoker is pretty much suitable for all levels. It’s easy to use, so even you’re new to the world of smoking you won’t have a problem getting the hang of this. If you’re a home smoking veteran and want an affordable smoker that produces tasty, beautifully cooked smoked foods without much input from you then this smoker should suit.
What we like
- The Masterbuilt 30 electric smoker is easy to use! It’s pretty much ‘set and forget’ once you’ve loaded it – all you have to do is top up with wood chips occasionally.
- It’s well insulated, holds its heat (even in cold weather), and cooks evenly.
- Reasonably large capacity – the 4 racks can hold up to 30lbs of meat, suitable for the average size family.
- Easy to clean – removable parts can be cleaned in the dishwasher and inside the smoker can just be wiped down with a damp cloth.
- Excellent customer support if you have any problems.
- Very affordable price.
What we don’t like
- For a full rack of ribs or large brisket the Masterbuilt 20070910 isn’t quite wide enough so you have to cut them in half.
- It’s not rain proof as there are electrical components on top (the temperature control) – it can’t be used indoors of course, but you do need some kind of canopy or covering to keep the rain off it. When storing either store indoors or cover with a waterproof covering – there is a cover designed for this smoker but it’s sold separately (when it probably should have been included).
- No wheels or handles. It’s not heavy, but it is awkward if you have to carry it indoors after each use (to protect it from the rain). Certainly not a deal breaker but it would’ve been nice if those were included. Larger, more expensive models like the Masterbuilt 20051311 2 Door Propane Smoker do include these.
Masterbuilt 20070910 Buyer’s Frequently Asked Questions
When researching this product I found that alot of potential buyers had questions that helped them to determine if this was the right electric smoker for them. Here are just a few of the questions that came up regularly (they’re not in any particular order of importance). Just click on a question to reveal the answer:
Masterbuilt 20071117 Owners Manual
Final verdict – Should You Buy It?
If you’re looking for a decent electric meat smoker you can’t really go wrong with Masterbuilt as a manufacturer. They’re well established, reputable, and their name is synonymous with high quality smokers and grills that customers love.
Smoke A Turkey In Your Masterbuilt Smoker!
Our take on the Masterbuilt 20070910 is that it’s a pretty great buy for anyone looking for an affordable, easy to use, robust smoker that will be used for years to come. It’s not the most expensive on the market, but it is definitely one of the top sellers judging by the user reviews on sites like Amazon (it has 2000+ reviews there), because it works as well as some of the more expensive models. It couldn’t be more straightforward to use – even if you’ve never used a smoker before. It’s just as good for those who are home smoking ‘pros’ though, but want a “set and forget” smoker that does the job!
The 90 day warranty does seem a bit short, but it doesn’t seem to pose a problem for customers as faults with the product are rarely reported. One issue that does occasionally arise seems to be the heating element malfunctioning, and for that reason I’d rate this product 8.5 out of 10 rather than 10 out of 10. Masterbuilt do have excellent customer service and are very good at fixing any problems or replacing parts.
With 4 racks there is plenty of space for a variety of meats for all the family and is a big enough cooking space even if you’re entertaining small numbers. If you want evenly cooked, tasty, beautifully moist and deliciously juicy meat, whether you’re buying it for yourself or as a gift for a BBQ lover, this is a good purchase and in my opinion is a worthy investment.
Where to buy Masterbuilt 30 Electric Smoker
Masterbuilt 20071117 Digital Electric Smoker
If after reading our review you think that this product might be a good fit for you. I recommend checking it out on Amazon for great prices and fast, free shipping. There are lots of real user reviews too so you can read about others experience with the product before buying for yourself.
Masterbuilt 20071117 Manual
I hope this review has been helpful – if you have any questions please post in the box below and I’ll try to answer as soon as possible. Although this is their top selling smoker, feel free to take a look at some of our other Masterbuilt electric smoker reviews if you’re looking for something a little different – a few of their other products include a larger 40 inch model and a propane smoker.
If you are looking for a quality electric smoker with reliable automatic cooking functions but can’t afford to buy the expensive brand then you are on right place to explore one of the best appliances in this category “Masterbuilt 20071117 30″ Digital Electric Smoker”. This electric smoker is originated from a trusted source “Masterbuilt”, a company famous for manufacturing premium quality meat smokers since 1973.
- Constant and reliable temperature creating a perfect cooking environment for meat smoking
- Simple design, no complex manual following is needed for operating this meat smoking machine
- Capable of smoldering inexpensive wood chips, so you can save money by avoiding expensive wood chips
- Perfect soft and tender results with help of steam created by converting water or other liquids for example apple juice into steam generating a perfect environment so your food remains tender despite of lengthy cooking hours.
- It is easy to load wood chips trays; there is no need for opening the smoking chamber so there is no heat or smoker loss
- Comes with adjustable air damper for precise control over smoke inside the cooking chamber
- Integrated thermostat temperature control for even, consistent smoking
- Sturdy construction formula; well-insulated so there is no heat loss; consistent and even cooking experience; no temperature swings
- Long lasting life span; will serve your outdoor cooking needs for many years to come. There are folks who have been using this sturdy cooking machine for 13 years. So if you take proper care of your new machine then you can extend its life beyond this number.
- Hassle free cleaning process
- Patented Side Wood Chip Loading System
Masterbuilt 20071117 Parts
- Can’t go under 100 degrees F so not capable of smoking vegetables and chees
- Long electric use
- Small wood chips pan (tray)
- No view window to monitor the cooking process without opening the door
- No Wheels
- There is not internal food light
Read About:-Best Small Electric Smoker
Reliable Digital Control Panel
It comes with reliable digital control panel; allows the users to set the cooking temperature and time according to requirement of your recipe. An automatic and reliable cooking process there is no need for manual intervention. Set the cooking process and the appliance automatic smart system will handle the entire cooking process.
Read About:-How To Regulate Temperature In A Smoker?
The generous cooking space of this electric smoke makes the cooking easy as you will never feel the scarcity of space; load your appliance with ample amount of food for entertaining your friends, family etc. on special occasions. The whole cooking space is divided among 4 rust resistant chrome coated cooking racks. This electric smoker can accommodate;
- 2 whole turkeys
- 6 whole chickens
- 8 racks of ribs
- 64 sausages
- 24 burgers
- 4 pork butts
Masterbuilt 20071117 Digital Electric Smok…
Read About:-Masterbuilt Smoker First Use
Perfect Smoking Environment
This electric smoker is equipped with reliable adjustable air damper so you can easily adjust the smoking and heat environment inside the cooking chamber.
Read About:-Are Electric Smokers Good?
Hassle Free Wood Chips Loading System
This Masterbuilt Electric Smoker is equipped with patented side wood chips loading system allows the user to add wood chips without opening the appliance door so there is no heat and smoke loss. You can add your favorite wood chips during the cooking process without disturbing the heat as well as smoke inside the cooking chamber. Easy and smooth meat smoking process!
Read About:-Where To Buy Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
Reliable Thermostat Control SystemGoogle camera apk download for android.
It comes with reliable integrated thermostat temperature control for consistent and even meat smoking experience.
Features and Specifications
- Product brand name: Masterbuilt
- Product model number: 20071117
- Color: black
- Power source: electric
- Number of cooking racks: 4
- Control: Top-mounted digital control panel
- Generous cooking space, can accommodate; 6 whole chickens or 2 whole turkeys or 8 Racks of Ribs / 64 Sausages / 24 Burgers / 4 Pork Butts
- Reliable Digital Control Panel: Digital panel controls on/off, temperature, and time
- Adjustable air damper for controlling smoke inside the cooking chamber
- Integrated thermostat temperature control for even, consistent smoking
- Patented side wood chip loading system – add wood chips without opening the smoker door
- Product weight: 39.3 pounds
- Product measurement: 9 length x 20.5 width x 33.3 height inches